Monday 24 February 2014

'Nom'; The name says it all -

    To be fair, when I got asked to write a mini testimonial for Nom Bars, I had no idea what a testimonial was. Heck.  I had to ask around to find out (talk about embarrassing).When I finally found out what it was, I decided to give this brilliant small company the best dang testimonial that I possibly could!  
Then a week or so ago, I received a package. The girls at Nom had told me to expect a lovely little surprise, and that I was. Not only was I surprised with one of their origional bars (that I had found it so hard in the past to source), but also 2 day passes to The Natural Food Show in Olympia! This shows that the company really go above and beyond for everybody they talk to!
   
   I think I should start with how lovely the staff are first. I don’t like to call them staff, as I see them more as friends and people who I can talk to openly and without worrying that I will get a stuffy and very generic response. I recently contacted them with a query and a problem that is close to my heart and they were not only supportive but extremely encouraging and made me feel 100% better even though they could not help me directly. This alone speaks wonders for the company. They may be small, but their ‘heart’ is large, sort of speak.
   Secondly, I have to admit that when writing the testimonial, I have never had chance to find or try the bars. Despite the fact that I was desperate to, I hadn't had chance to, but it was always on the top of my todo list! They sounded absolutely divine and I loved the idea of how natural, organic and honest they are. Free from dairy, refined sugars and absolutely stuffed full of superfoods, the flavours are tempting and yummy!
NOM stands for 'Naturally Organic Matters' (clever right?).
If food could tell no lies, this bar would be one of them! What nasty things could it possibly lie about?! All natural and real ingredients, as well as being completely nutritionally balanced and healthy, I had always been told they were ridiculously tasty too! Is there anything that these bars do wrong?!

I think that although I hadn't tried them, Nom had helped me more than many can imagine. As you all know, I am recovering from an eating disorder and now completely focused on getting better and regaining control as well as increasing the exercise that I do again. After talking to the people
at NOM months ago, I decided that I wanted to start challenging myself and my demons that my eating disorder created.
Now, I have not only started trying more foods and genuinely enjoying them,  but I have also stopped seeing food as something that has to be earned and is much rather fuel for the body.
You wouldn’t run a car on cheap, nasty petrol that could damage the engine, why do that to my body?!


No comments:

Post a Comment