Thursday 27 February 2014

Pulsin' & Beond Organic Bites - Beyond yummy?

    Sorry for the awful pun in the heading. I couldn't think of another way to make it sound interesting.
So I should probably just crack on with my little review.
-Cough Cough-
      When I emailed Pulsin' enquiring about their bars, I didn't expect them to send me a little trove of goodies. In my little parcel, was a stash of Beond Organic apple and cinnamon bite size bars, blueberry bars, a raw chocolate brownie and a vanilla chocolate chip raw bar. Now, I've said before that I DON'T follow a strictly raw eating diet/vegan and I don't really think that it is something that I want to do in the future, however I don't mind trying products when they are as yummy as this!

    The bite sized bars tasted like fruit and were perfect crumbled over yogurt, or slightly warmed on their own. I prefered the apple cinnamon flavour, simply because I am a self confessed cinnam-aniac and apples are simply divine, however both were really nice! Lets just say that the list of ingredients is pretty damn impressive too (No hefty list of rubbish, added sugars and flavourings here, no way hoosay!) Plus, they are vegan, dairy free, soy free, gluten free and of course as the name suggests, 100% Raw.

Ingredients -
Raw Dates*,Raw Almonds*,Raw Agave Nectar*,Raw Apple* (7%),Raw Raisins* (5%),Raw Cinnamon Powder* (0.8%),Natural Apple Flavour, (*Organic

    I think that list deserves praise in itself!
Then, the protein bars, which 'Pulsin' claim are to rival a chocolate bar. Personally, I preferred the raw chocolate brownie flavour which is definitely a lot healthier than it sounds! Again, it's ingredients are impeccable, 'Dates, Raisins (14%), Cashew Butter, Almonds (10%), Raw Cacao (10%), Brown Rice Powder, Brown Rice Malt, Cacao Butter (4%), Sea Salt, Green Tea Extract' and my insides felt like they were glowing after eating them! Some people have said that they don't like the bars and found they tasted plasticy, but I would like to reassure you that a) this was far from the truth for meb) the bars are more natural tasting than a lot of things I have tried) they are packed with protein, vitamins and completely nutritiously balanced!

   All in all, a glowing report for a little company that has a lot to offer! On to bigger and better things for these guys for certain.




www.pulsin.co.uk         @pulsinandbeond     www.facebook.com/pulsinandbeond

No comments:

Post a Comment