Tuesday 18 February 2014

TREK Protein Flapjacks & NAKD Infused Raisins-

      In keeping with my 'Challenge A Day' hashtag on twitter, I am trying to try products that my eating disorder would have once screamed a big fat no to. Not only do I feel that it will make me stronger, give my taste-buds a chance to try new things and break down stupid myths and food fads that I created, but I also think that it could potentially inspire others to be brave.
    Last week, the lovely folk at TREK and NAKD sent me a little parcel with some TREK protein flapjacks and infused raisins to try. In the past, the prospect of a flapjack would have frightened me, but these are completely nutritionally balanced, natural, gluten-free and packed with a punch of protein! Perfect for a post-workout refuelling snack. Not to mention that despite my worries, this was pretty tasty! A lot better than I expected. I was expecting a 'fake' chemical taste that you can sometimes get with some flapjacks and protein bars, but this was soft, chewy and you could taste the natural flavourings. It really did taste of bananas and was exceptionally moist, like proper banana bread should be!
    In terms of macros (for those who count) it was fairly balanced, with a good proportion of carbs to protein and healthy fats.
   I'm not going to lie, I wasn't a massive fan of the cherry raisins. I found that they tasted too much like sweets/cough sweets or those artificial juice cartons that you used to get at school discos. BUT on the plus side, this is personal opinion, as my friend loved them when she tried them, and since I have tried the pineapple flavour and they were delicious!
I think the raisins are a big step alone. I used to limit myself to precisely five raisins on my breakfast in the morning and was completely infatuated with the fact of how 'sugary' dried fruit was. Since then, I've come to love goji berries, dates, raisins, dried cranberries, dried cherries and they are a brilliant way of gaining weight using natural and somewhat healthy foods!
A little sweetness nevery killed anybody!!
    I've seen that you can buy the raisins at most leading supermarkets, Holland and Barretts and the Protein Flapjack, I have seen in Sainsburys! Also, they come from the same folk who do NAKD bars, so I highly recommend that you check them out!!

             @nakd                     www.eatnakd.com           treehouse@naturalbalancefoods.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment